Lest We Forget - Imagination

It would run off into the distance, dancing with apes and riding unicorns…sometimes I thought I had lost it for good until it was time to come back…I have a gift you see, some kids don’t have it anymore…like a dog that’s let loose for them it just doesn’t come back. I was surprised to see them just sit their watching the television with nothing better to do then watch other people live surreal lives while I sit there in a corner with my eyes shut.
I’m lost you see…I’m lost in space, with nothing but a ray gun and my robot friend, I’m trapped on planet Aquis land of the Merr people and sworn enemies of planet earth in the year 3400.
Its times like those that I wonder, how do I get myself into these situations?
I think im crazy sometimes, I can think of all these little things and to me they seem real but to my friends it just seem stupid, like its not important, maybe I am crazy, I mean its not like your meant to hear people inside your head…right?

Sometimes it hides behind corners and under tables, inside boxes and outside in the garden…sometimes if you look close enough its floating in the night sky or if you just lay back you can see it right in front of your eyes.

Sometimes it runs away when im asleep, you think its locked up but then BAM you zipped off to a world that you have never heard of before and you are sure doesn’t really exist.

And that’s the beauty of it, it doesn’t.

For those of you that don’t have it ill make it simple, no I haven’t lost a dog a cat or my mind, I have got a plane or a space ship to take me to these places and no im not a space man and I certainly don’t dance with apes.

But if I want to I can, I can have a dog, I can have a cat and I can fly a plane and rocket into space and I could dance with the best dancing apes you have ever seen.

I haven’t lost my marbles but a part of me has gone wild, its run away.

My imagination

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!