My Adventure As A Horse Rider

Six years ago in a town called Frankston, there lived a little girl of the age of five named Emily.
Emily had a dream, a dream of being a jockey. Everyday Emily would ask her mum if she could do horse riding practice, each time she asked her mum would give her the same answer " If you can pay the fees each term and buy your own horse!" from that day she had been working as a paper girl earning $10.00 a week.
After 2 years Emily had earned $960 dollars she was very proud of herself so she asked her mum if she could do horse riding lessons ,this time instead of saying what she would normally says she said "Ok if you pay for it!"
Then her dad came into the room. "Whats going on here?"
"I am going to be a jockey daddy!" exclaimed Emily
"Whats a jockey?" asked Emily's dad
"It's were I can ride a horse in races and get money if i win “
"Oh yeah , I knew that and did your mother agree with it?'' he went on
''Yes daddy she did because I am going to pay for it too!'' "GOOD i don't want to be asked for any money now Miss Millionaire who can pay for every thing!!!'' he goaned.

The next morning Emily woke up early so she could get ready for horse riding practice. One hour later they were at the front door of HAYBAIL STABLES. They went to the counter and Emily's mum said '' How old do you have to be to get training and how much is it?''
''At least 5 years old and $50 a term and a term is 10 weeks'' replied Miss Saunders.
There you go said Emily handing Miss Saunders $50.
''Your a very bright little girl then aren't you?complimented Miss Saunders
She is the brightest little girl i know'' said Emily's mum with a big smile on her face.
''You start on Saturday and we train from 4:30 till 7:30pm on Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and Monday '' demanded Miss Palmer
''yes Ok'' replied Emily.
It took Emily A few months to get the hang of her lessons but in the end she was a natural.
14 years later Emily went on to win her first Melbourne Cup and has been racing ever since.


THE END!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!