Darkness

It is dark. My life is darkness. It has been this way for three years. I can’t see anything, I can’t hear anything, I can’t touch or smell or move.
I miss the feeling of wet raindrops splashing against my skin, the humming of traffic as I walk around the city on a breezy spring day. If only I could taste the food that I used to take for granted, but now long for so much.
I miss my life so much that I would give anything to get it back. Soon enough I will go mad with impatience.
I am crying inside myself, a wave of emotion is coming over me, crushing my thoughts until all I have left is sadness.
Suddenly, I can hear the faint sounds of voices. All is not lost. The strange feeling of my senses creeping back into action give me joy, a happiness like no other.
I open my heavy eyelids and get blinded by dazzling light. As my eyes adjust to the brightness, I can make out the shape of two people. The first is a doctor working a big machine, the second a woman putting flowers beside my hospital bed in a round glass vase.
She seems familiar, but I can barely remember her. Then a third person walks into the room. He turns his gaze towards my half open eyes and yells in suprise. The doctor strode over to the man and asked what was wrong, and the man just pointed and stuttered, “She’s...she’s...she’s awake!
I start to cry, with real tears! The woman starts crying to. I am filled to the brim with happiness because, after so long, I have awoken from my coma.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!