Water Skiing

i was petrified. my legs were as limp as last night's vegetables. i'd never tried water skiing before and today was my "lucky" day. my faded,orange,oversized life jacket was up to my ears in the icy, navy blue water. i was leaning back while my dad was trying to put my long wooden skis wich unfortunatley were over-powering my legs. somthing was breaking my back as i leaned back to get started. mr. o'neil ( our boat driver ) tossed me a rope that smelled like stale salt water.
i gripped the hand grips like i knew what i was doing. unfortnatley mr. o'neil thought i did and the boat accelerated while my dad was holding on to my waist. my bathing suit practically flew. my skis fell off and i hung on to the rope. the speed boat was still flying along while i was "bellyskiing". someone yelled "LET GO" then it dawned on me that maybe i should. i freed the rope from my gasp and would have drowned if i wasnt wearing a life jacket. "dinnertime" my dad asked me if i would do it again tommor, i think i faited.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!