Darkness

“Where am I?” I asked myself, observing my surroundings intently.
But what was there to see in a realm that lay shrouded in a black mist. My eyes took their time in adjusting to the weak lighting, the dark world coming together piece by piece. There was a metal girder before me, and I found myself upon a catwalk, overlooking a seemingly abandoned warehouse. But who am I, a 12 year old to walk upon this desolate place? My anxiety told me to escape from this eerie and mysterious world.
“Drew!”
What was that?
“Drew. Drew.” Some divine being screamed softly.
I knew not what this force was, but my body was being guided towards its source, a shutters. I heard the clanking of the catwalk beneath my feet, the still air brushing what was left of its movement against my face. A brick wall barred my progression, and only a rusty iron ladder lay before me. My hands guided themselves down the ladder, until a horrifying disturbance erupted. A pitch black creature broke through the roof of where I was previously standing. The creature fixated its yellow eyes upon me, reeling in its elastic and flexible arms behind it. My instinct took over, forcing me into a slide down the ladder. I was in distressing disbelief, as I found myself falling towards a pit of vampire bats below. I retaliated, leaping out of the dangerous situation. But it was not over yet, as the black shadow creature’s arms extended towards me. I ducked, but the monstrosity was too smart for me. It had grappled a steel bar behind me, and pulled itself violently. I barely got out of its destructive path in time. There was a massive blood curdling splatter of the creature crashing against the railing, the blood spraying everywhere. Yet, to my shock, the beast still moved. My heart beat was fast, so fast it had turned into a hum. Within the second, I found myself suicidally running for my life towards a single pair of double doors. I wasn’t even aware of the Dobberman dogs that had come up behind me, until it was almost too late. I fell to the ground just centimeters from the double doors, tears flowing down my cheeks like a waterfall. With one powerful bound, I evaded the dastardly fiends and out into the open air. But who was I to think I was safe. The sky was a black purple, and in front of me laid a horde of atrocities in the form of reincarnated dead. The black creature returned from the warehouse. I collapsed, crying as the monsters surrounded me. I closed my eyes, awaiting the inevitable. The next moment, I was in an enclosed room, on a bed, away from the horror. Was it a dream? No, it couldn’t be. It must’ve been something more. There was a black cloudy aura surrounding the window, following a ghastly voice. It had come for me. The Darkness. The Darkness...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!