Just In Time

It was the day before the Easter Parade and still Kristen had not gotten her hat ready. She couldn't come up with a design that she liked. Yet there was screwed up paper all over her bedroom floor and not one of the ideas worked for her. Before she knew it her Mum had poured her milk and asked Kristen to go to bed. That night Kristen couldn't sleep. She kept thinking about the award you could win if you won first place. It was a basket of chocolate, cold hard chocolate.In that thought she fell asleep. When she awoke she got ready for the Easter Parade and threw the thought of having an Easter hat away. As Kristen walked to School she noticed an elderly lady watering her garden kristen also noticed the nice Easter hat she had on. As Kristen walked past the old lady she muttered 'I wish that was my hat''thinking no-one would hear her. A couple seconds later the old lady turned to Kristen who was now a couple metres away from her and said ' You like my hat do you''. Kristen spun around and said 'Yes it is just beautiful''. The old lady giggled and said ' At least some-one around here has taste in style laugh out loud''. Kristen walked towards the women and the old lady placed the hat gently on Kristens head. Kristen said thankyou then ran the rest of the way to the Parade.Kristen got there just as her name was getting called out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!