Race To The Purple Gem

Once upon a time, there was a secret spy agent that nobody knew existed. His name was Kryptos. He had many evil foes that tried to destroy the world with super ray guns and time delays. Kryptos would then defeat his crazy foes with his blaster that he called 'The Metaxa' that shot out a special liquid that turned sticky and trapped his opponents.
One day, Chris Marlowe was alone in his mansion when suddenly, he heard a buzzing noise coming from the statue of his father, who also was a spy. Concealed underneath its removable head was a button that launched an image of Commissioner Lanningan O’Keefe onto his TV screen. “Kryptos,” announced the man, “There has been a massive outburst in Wallingham Asylum. Some of the major criminals like Chris Rossword who everyone knows as the Puzzler, The Krazy Klown and the Spanish Flea who, although is 1 inch tall and would never shut his yap, has the power to give people the knits. Please capture these people before they find and steal the Purple Gem. The fate of the world rests in your hands. Also, I found some blueprints for a mega-ray that froze time. All they need is that Gem! Hurry! Lanningan out.”
The transmission shut down all by itself. Chris ran into his bookroom and inserted his secret password into his computer. The bookshelf rapidly spun around and took the man into his secret cave.
In the cave were all types of gadgets ranging from truth serum to soft plush toy bombs that may look cute, but paralyze enemies for a certain time until the police arrive.

After he had changed into his costume and packed the arsenal he required in his cape, he jumped into his Kryptobile that traveled 400 kilometres per hour that definitely would help round up all the criminals and destroy their mega-ray before they created mayhem around the world.
In less than half an hour, he reached the destination which was a desert. Luckily, he knew where to find the gem. It was in a secret cave. When he arrived, he noticed a piece of paper lying on the ground. It read:

“Don’t worry Kryptos, do not fear
The Puzzler, the Klown and the Flea are here.
You drove too slow and arrived a little late
Since you’re the only person here we’ll use you as bait!”

He looked up and saw a gang of evil masterminds crowding around a large gun. Kryptos quickly shot out his Metaxa liquid at the point of the gun to prevent the laser from being fired. They could not fire and the machine blew up, making them fall to the ground. He arrested them and said his famous saying, “And that’s the end of that chapter!”

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!