Zoo-Mania!

My name is Kyle, I am 6 and I am lost. I was actually felling pretty calm about it, that is until the lion, the crocodile and the python snapped in my face. And did I mention the llama spat at me! I’m lost at the zoo and it’s Sunday, the busiest day at the zoo.
You see, it’s my birthday and my parents said that I could do anything I wanted today. It was obvious what I would suggest. My favorite place THE ZOO! But, when we got there, I ran off without telling my parents to go see the new exhibit, the emus. When I came back to where they had been, they weren’t there.

I, being the type of boy that I am, wanted to see what a 6 year old could get up to on his own, and without a second thought ran off. However had I turned around, I would have seen my mum and dad standing right behind me, looking at the fairy penguins.

After accidentally setting two extremely poisonous frogs loose and falling into the dolphin tank, (yes, it is possible…) two policemen came up to me and asked how old I was. I was so excited because I want to be a police officer when I grow up! “I’m six” I said with pride. The officers looked at each other, and then the shorter one said, “Where are your parents, son?” I wondered why he had called me son, since I’m pretty sure we not related. So I replied sleepily, “Ah, somewhere here at the zoo.”

Then I ran away because they were starting to scare me! I found myself outside the bird enclosure, and from there I made my way towards the bathroom, because I REALLY NEEDED TO GO!!!!! After that I decided it was time to go home.

We’re eating dinner now, and it’s my favourite lasagne! When I’m finished I jump into bed and say to my parents, “Thanks for the best birthday ever…” before drifting off into a deep, calm sleep.

That’s it! I’ll go to the service desk and ask them to call Mum and Dad! I’m a genius! It’s lucky I’ve been here so many times because I know where everything is.

I race over to the information desk which isn’t far away. When I get there, I ask them to call for my mum and dad. About 5 minutes later Mum’s giving me a BIG hug and telling me never to scare her that again!

That’s where I am now. Back at the emu exhibit, searching for my parents. I’m really starting to freak out! What if they leave without me? What if they come back next year to get me, when I’m 7? OK, now I’m really scared! More scared then when I got lost at the supermarket, because there I just went up to the counter and asked the lady there to put out a call for my mum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!