Voices Lost

One afternoon after lunch, Emily Twis went to her colossal room. Emily took a watch under her bed that had a crimson colour. Whenever Emily pressed a button on the watch, she would go to BUNNYLAND.

Emily quickly pressed the button and in a split second she found herself in Bunnyland. Emily had lots of rabbit friends there. “Look Emily has arrived,” shouted pixie to the others. “Now we can go exploring,” said Jab excitingly. “Then what are we waiting for?” said Emily.

They all marched in a file until Sam the first rabbit in the line said, “STOP.” Everyone came to a halt, “what’s the matter?” said Emily astonishingly. “How could we go exploring if we don’t know where to go,” said Sam. “Your right said everyone,” feeling pretty dull.
“Let’s decide where we should go,” said Emily feeling quite happy. As soon as Emily stopped talking all of the 5 bunnies started impolating each other. “Stop,” cried Emily, but the stop had no effect. After Emily said stop, something eccentric happened.

Everyone’s voice including Emily’s had gone. In sign language Emily asked, “Can you see our voices”. “Yes, near that coconut tree,” said Lista in sign language. Emily turned around and saw their voices mixed up! “Let’s go pursue it,” said Emily in sign language. So they all followed their voices. They went pass gardens and Bunny Paradise until their voices jumped in a hole.

Emily and the bunnies went down on a spiral staircase feeling very exhausted. When they got to the end of the extended staircase, they saw their voices!
“How will we get our voices back,” said Emily in sign language. “We don’t know,” said the bunnies in the same way as Emily. “So, you’ve lost your voice,” “come here,” croaked a voice. They all turned around and saw a frog.

“Hi my name is Soke the frog”. “I saw you guys talking in sign language and I also saw your voices running around,” croaked Soke.

“How do we get our voices back,” cried Emily again in sign language. “Easy Peasy,” shouted Soke. “Come on I’ll show you,” said Soke. Soke took them to a warehouse.

“Hmm where is the paper? Ah here it is,” croaked Soke. Read the instructions and you’ll be fine. Afterwards Soke disappeared. There were 2 steps.
1. If there are 5 people then 2 people will have to remember what they said before their voices were gone.

2. After 5 minutes you’ll notice that you can speak.

Emily went first, when she said stop the voices stopped running and Emily’s voice came back. Then Pixie tried but she couldn’t remember what to say. Emily started thinking “I know, how about meditation,” so Pixie started doing meditation until she remembered. When she remembered, Pixie quickly spoke what she had to speak and then they all got their voices back.

Everyone was happy. Then Emily realised she had to go so she said bye and went home just in time for dinner.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!