The 3 Kids And Tubby

The 3 Kids and Tubby

Jamie was going to be late for school, his sister Charlie had an appointment at the dentist so he had had to walk with his little sister Emily. Emily was the youngest in the family, Charlie and Jamie were twins. Emily went to Tic Toc which was only next door from the Secondary school that he went to, but Jamie was still late.
*****
Soon enough the day was over. Jamie caught the bus home because he couldn’t be bothered to walk. As soon as he strolled through the door “Jamie take those muddy shoes off, I have just hoovered!” Jamie was used to this, “Yes Mum” he mumbled back as he kicked his shoes off onto the front lawn.
Soon enough Charlie was home too, and as usual walked into her room and shut the door. A couple of minutes later, Jamie heard a knock on his bedroom door... “Jamie, come here” Charlie whispered. Jamie opened his door by a centimetre, “Come with me”. Charlie covered his eyes and started steering him, “What is it Charlie? Tell me” Jamie said, “You’ll see” replied Charlie. She was getting the giggles now because she kept standing on Jamie’s foot. Jamie didn’t like secrets, in fact he could think of nothing worse.
“What on earth have you brought me here for?” Jamie asked. “In there” Charlie said. “But that’s the laundry tube it just goes from your bedroom to the laundry basket” said Jamie confused. “I know what it is, just put your feet first and lean left. Charlie replied “1, 2, 3, GO!” Charlie gave Jamie a good shove and off he went.
Jamie shot down the tube, thinking that he was going to die. But it twisted and turned, looped the loop, it was wet and dry, he thought it would never end but all of a sudden his bum hit something bouncy... below him was a giant cube of raspberry jelly. Jamie couldn’t believe his eyes but he soon got a shock as Charlie landed on him with a THUMP!!
A short elf greeted them, “Hello” he said to Charlie. “You know him?” said Jamie. But before Charlie could even answer... “I am not ‘him’, my name is Tubby” said the dwarf. “This is Kinco Kingdom. The Kingdom was huge. There were jelly flowers, chocolate rivers, there were apple trees, mango trees, and even glaced cherry trees! The paths were made of M&M’s, the street lights made of Kit Kats, the houses were made of gingerbread, and there were smarties coming out of the chimneys. Jamie couldn’t believe his eyes! He took three M&M’s from the pathway, one for Tubby, one for Charlie and one for himself. After a grand tour of the kingdom from Tubby, Jamie and Charlie had had a great day.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!