Sand Warriors

“Come on mum and Cameron, hurry UP! We need to pick up Maddy!” “We’re coming, why don’t you sit in the car?” replied Lauren’s mum, “We’ll be there in a minute.” Lauren had been waiting to go to the beach all summer, finally they were going.

“Hi Maddy! Are you ready?” asked Lauren, “Yep, I’m all set.” “Then let’s go!” said Lauren excitedly. As they got into the car Cameron said “It’s going to be a long ride” “No it’s not” replied Lauren, “because we’ve got Maddy!”

An hour later they had arrived at the beach, Lauren and Maddy wanted to play in the sand straight away but they had to put sunscreen on first. As soon as they had done that, they ran to the sand and started making sand castles. A couple of minutes went by and Cameron came over, he started laughing as soon as he saw what the girls were doing. “You really want to do that?” he asked them, “Yeah” replied Lauren and Maddy at the same time. Then Cameron thought of an idea “I know, why don’t we have a sandball fight!” “ A what!” laughed Maddy, “ A sandball fight it’s just like a snowball fight but instead you use sand” replied Cameron. “Ok, we’ll do it” said Lauren.

Half an hour later they were ready. The teams were Cameron against Lauren and Maddy. Then they heard the yell GO and they were off! There were sandballs flying everywhere! While Maddy made the sandballs Lauren threw them and fixed their sand wall if it became damaged, as for Cameron he had to do everything alone.

By lunchtime the girls were winning, Cameron’s wall was nearly wrecked but the girls was still half standing. “Alright back to the game!” called Cameron.

As they end of the day came by Cameron gave up he knew he wasn’t going to win, and for they’re victory Lauren and Maddy got a packet of chips and coke each. “ Well it was worth playing for” whispered Maddy, “Yeah, it was!” replied Lauren

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!