War Of An Angel

It was a misty morning when Avalon woke up. Avalon was a blind 16 year old, but could sence everything with her hands and feet. Next to her bed were two sharp-bladed katanas that Avalon took with her everywhere she went.

Avalon got up and wondered over to a stack of hay. She sat down and up her eye sash on. She quickly changed into a pink wrap-dress and tied up her long black hair. She grabbed her two katanas and jumped onto one of the barn's small, square windows. She stood stood as still as the morning clouds were. Avalon climbed up onto the roof and practiced fighting with her two katana. As she jumped and landed on the steel roof, a bird seed flew up into the air and Avalon used her blade to slice it in half gracefully.

She stood still again. A cool breeze picked up, making Avalon's hair and dress flap. "So, It seems that you have found my favourite place for some peace and quiet, hm?" A sudden voice asked from behind Avalon's back. "Leave!" Avalon said without turning around to face the stranger.

The person that the sudden voice belonged to was a boy about as tall as Avalon and about as old as she was too. He walked over to her and put his hand on her bare shoulder. "Why are you wearing gloves?" Avalon asked turning around. "First off, My name is Seldom and second I am wearing gloves because of this" Seldom said taking off his gloves, to reveal dark purple markings. "Put your hand on mine!" Avalon requested putting out her hand. "Of course!" Seldom said obeying, not daring to argue by the look of her swords. Then Avalon went into a trace, she was seeing how Seldom got his markings.

Seldom was in a dark room at about the age of 13. "So since it is you 'THIRTEENTH' birthday. I am going to give you a little present!!" A voice in the darkness said. Seldom saw the gleam of a needle in the dull light above him. He tried to run but as soon as he was near the door, six leather straps lashed out at him, grabbing him by the wrists, ankles, waist and mouth; and pulled him back to the chair he was sitting in. The needle moved closer. Seldom tried to get free but the straps only tightened. The mysteriouse person with the needle was standing next to Seldom's chair but still remained hidden in the darkness. She jabbed the needle into his arm. Almost imediatly strange markings appeared covering all of him arm and a quarter of his chest and back.

Avalon pulled her hand away. "I know but I can still remember it's face, The person in the darkness I mean!" Seldom said with a small, warming smile. Avalon could tell that something, other than the purple markings, was bothering Seldom and not in the good way.....To be continued!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!