Washed Up

What, where am I? I sit up, but as I do my head starts aching like a REALLY big headache. I reach up to put my hand on head to try and relieve the pain. But it doesn’t work so I put my hand back in my lap, but as I do I notice that I’ve got something red on my hand. I suddenly realize that… OH NO I’ve got a huge cut on the right side of my face!! I feel around it to see how deep and big it is. It’s not too deep thank goodness, but it is pretty big.

Putting my pain aside, I look up to see where I am. I gaze around looking for anything that might give me a clue to where I am. But all I see is white sandy beaches and a dense forest behind me. I soon come to the fact that im on a deserted island. I start to think to myself what if no one ever finds me? I’ll be trapped on this strange island forever! All my friends and family gone! I decide to get up and have a look around. That is if there’s anything to look at!

It’s been at least an hour now and everything looks the same. All the trees look the same; all the entwined vines look the same, even all the rocks look the same shape! WAIT what’s that! Its looks like some sort of hut. Maybe there’s a village nearby that could help me get off this island.

I creep forward to try get a look at the people that live there. I realize that they are black people. I start thinking to myself what if… what if they don’t like white people? What if they want to eat me? I slowly back away, and when I think its clear I turn around and start sprinting back to the deserted beach. But as I do I stumble into someone. It’s a, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The next thing I know I wake up in a tent with two guards out the front of it. I start to panic, how will I ever get off this freaky island now? I put my head in my lap and start crying. Just then someone comes in and askes me what was wrong? I tell that person that all I want do is go home to my family; I don’t want to be eaten by you and your people. EATEN, why on earth would we want to eat you?
You’re only a child for goodness sake. Besides it’s against our religion to eat white meat.

Will you help me get home then? It would be my pleasure to help you. I shall have a boat ready for you to sail on by tomorrow morning. Oh I can’t thank you enough!

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!