I Want To Fly

I want to fly she said to herself, as she stood staring up at the crystal blue sky. I want to fly as bad as a baby whale wants to take its first breath, but what stops me taking that step? Was it the roots that had grown into my feet or was it the fear of taking the first and final step. An eagle flew above her yelling its cry, the flaps of its wings and the beat of its heart thumped in her ears, nearly making her feet leave the ground. What was it like to feel the wind in your hair, sun on your back and the feeling that the no matter what fate puts on your shoulders, you will still fly high and proud. That what she longed for, the freedom that the sky brought, never to worry about what lies ahead, just enjoying now. The wind blow on her back, edging her forward, she closed her eyes, letting the wind take control of her body, step by step she got further and further away from the one thing that keep her grounded. “One more step” whispered the wind and the grass in her ear, and that all it took, the one brave step to be different. As she finally took flight, a slow smile came upon her face. I did it she said I now can truly fly and never will I be grounded again. And true to her word, she flew for the rest of time it’s self, she was free.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!