A Catnapping Coincidence

In the early hours of the morning a small black kitten moved across the moonlit yard, as it intrepidly explored it's new surroundings. It pounced energetically on a leaf that had been blowing in the harsh wind. Soon the undersized kitten lost interest in playing, and was content to just walk about slowly, occasionally sitting to groom her constantly immaculate fur.

For twelve minutes now, a tattoo covered man had been watching. His name was Larry and he was on a mission for his pet store. While he'd been watching, he'd been imagining what an exquisite addition this kitten would be to his perfect pet store.
Finally, when the time was right, he captured the kitten and held it above his head like he'd just won a trophy.

The kitten (by the name of Milly) was suspiciously placid while the catnapper was holding her, but that was not unusual.
A few months ago, Milly had been separated from her owner - a very loving and kind boy called Jimmy. Since then, all sorts of people, nice and nasty, had picked Milly up, so she was used to it.

Larry took Milly to his yellow Jeep and drove slightly over the speed limit to the pet store.When he arrived he gently threw Milly in an empty cageand immediately drove home.
milly curled herself into a ball, and, after acknowledging the comforting presense of other animals, slowly drifted off to sleep.

When morning came, Milly was serene and felt ready for whatever was to come next. People wandered in and out of the store, the majority of them exclaiming over Milly's beautiful features, and then exclaiming over the high price to pay for her.
But im the late hours of the afternoon, a lady came who did not walk away once she saw the price tag. The lady had a thoughtful and excited expression on her pear shaped face as she negotiated with Larry over the price of Milly. Eleven minutes later Milly was in the lady's car, on her way to her new home.

When she was taken into the house, Milly realized that there was a familiar smell in there, she just couldn't remember what it was.

"Jimmy, I got you a new kitten," the lady said hesitantly.
Then, as the boy came into view, Milly suddenly remembered. This was her old home, and that was her old owner.

When Jimmy looked at Milly, he was first upset as he remembered losing Milly, then shocked and surprised as he came closer and realized that it was Milly, and then, overcome by happiness, he burst into tears.
He rushed to her and held her, not wanting to ever let go of his precious kitten. Jimmy didn't just love her because she looked beautiful. Milly actually had a big personality. When she was with him, she did somersaults and all kinds of funny things.

That night, Jimmy slept with Milly in his bed, dreaming of all the funny things Milly did.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!