Mad Sister's Disease

I don't know what to do. Should I run out of the house, or should I chuck a table at her? If it isn't so obvious, I'm talking about my sister, indeed. Let me run you over today.
I woke up very early in the morning, when the crisp, fresh air brushed my face in the morning on my way to work. ‘Hmm’, I thought, ‘Maybe today will be a good day’, but boy, I had never been so wrong…
Exhausted from the day’s work, I arrived at home, reluctantly. I got ready for the shower, only to realise that my little sister was in there. The fact that she already had another shower earlier that day made it crystal clear that she was at infuriating me, yet again.
I turned my computer on and excitedly logged onto MSN where I could talk to my friends. Before I knew it, she was sitting right beside me, reading and invasively commenting on all the conversations I had engaged.
After dinner, when mum had prepared ice-cream and pastries which I had craved for, it was very typical of her to do what she did. She flashed out of my sight, into the kitchen and grabbed the plate which had more ice-cream on it. She merely left me with the plate with half the amount she had got. I flinched, but I controlled myself (with much difficulty).
It was her turn for the dishes tonight so I politely asked her to do it. I don’t even know why I bothered. It was a waste of my energy. Her complete ignorance slapped me across the face.
When I’m very busy, she takes it as an indication. She comes up to me and asks the most unnecessary and pathetic questions that blow fumes out of my ears. Then when I start ignoring her, she pokes me forever.
Just everything she has done has added up bit by bit like a game of Tetris…
By then, my insides have boiled, and my fist has clenched so hard that sweat starts to form and I can’t feel them anymore. My whole body seems paralysed, because I know how crazy I will get if I hadn’t of controlled myself. These are the symptoms.
Having to live with a sister like mine is a disease. I call it, the Mad Sister’s Disease.
The cure? Hah! When I’ve cracked, and another world disaster has begun, the cure starts working its magic. It causes as much damage as a nuclear bomb.
This, ladies and gents, is my life. Oh, and for all of you who are victimised of this same disease… I feel for you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!