Just Another Day

In the city of Malone in an unknown country, it was just another day. The sun rose, people went to work and school, people came home, did chores, ate dinner and then the sun set and people went to bed. However, this was not how one little girl, Rosalie, thought it should be done. Some people said she had bad parents, others said she was odd. But Rosalie just did not belong in Malone

It was just another peaceful day in Malone when the people said that Rosalie had just gone too far. Not that anyone cared than she had run away. In fact, many people were throwing parties. Rumours included: ‘she is visiting the prime minister', ‘no she has run away from us’.
Rosalie’s parents, Jack and Matilda, were the only ones who knew where Rosalie really was.


The note Rosalie had hurriedly scribbled read:
Dear mummy and daddy,
while you were at work I snuck home and booked a place at college.I start today. I dont know when i'll be back.
Love from Rosalie

Jack and Matilda were shocked and amazed. They turned the note over and on the back was the college's phone number.....




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!