The Island Of Hell

‘Cap’n? cap’n’! said Greg urgently. ‘Sorry I was daydreaming’ whispered captain bill he shook his head and his grave look on his face left it. ‘So Greg what did you have to say’ ‘sorry for speak out of line there cap’n’ ‘its quite alright Greg’ ‘its just that its fine water over there cap’n’ he said pointing starboard ‘but the way were headed its rough and full of mists maybe we should go arou’-‘ the captain stopped him right there if we go around our cargo will spoil and well run out of food we need to sail through here’ aye aye cap’n he said then he walked away. He couldn’t blame him bill always got a chill of foreboding crossing the misty isles.

Just as bill entered his cabin the ship lurched and he fell over. Running to the foredeck he saw the problem long white tentacles were reaching out from a dark shape in the water he looked around and saw hundreds of others already on the ship. What is this? He mouthed. He ran to his cabin picked up his sword and started hacking at a tentacle. It writhed away and dragged a crewmember screaming in the water. There was a huge splintering crunch and the ship broke in half and a monstrous gaping mouth filled with teeth emerged from the water with a roar the ship lurched and men fell to there deaths ‘Jump off the ship bill roared it’s our only hope’. Bill dived over the edge and smashed into the sea floor and saw no more.

What happened were am I thought bill I’m on a beach then it all came back to him Greg misty isles the tentacles and then nothing he sat up and pain flooded through him. He laid back down and saw a person come over ‘cap’n?’ said a familiar voice Greg he rasped and he blanked out.

The captain awoke sitting against a tree the ships boy Tim came over and looked at him. ‘You look terrible captain’ ‘what happened to you guys’ he wondered aloud. ‘It’s a long story but when that monster attacked the ship the few survivors washed on shore’.’ We might make it out of here alive by sailing out on another beach away from that thing but we still have little food and no water’. ‘You best just go back to sleep Captain Greg and will should be back soon with something to eat’.

Aahh! A scream woke the captain from his sleep some people dived on them and tied them up. They were half naked painted with strange colours and one guy wore a human skull on his head. Damn this place screamed bill. He wriggled free of one guy and ran when a spear hit him in the back argh he moaned as fell dying.

Cap’n? cap’n! said Greg urgently. Sorry I was daydreaming whispered captain bill he shook his head and his grave look on his face left it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!