Next Door

This all happened to me a few years ago. It all happened in a Small Town called Cascade just west of Parafront. I used to go play next door the people who lived there had a dog I never had a dog before so they let me play with him. My mum used to go next door and help clean since they were a bit older and couldn’t do much at all. The following day after school I raced back home to find police and forensics at our next door neighbours place. I asked one of the officers “sir why are you here”
He replied “an older lady committed suicide life must have gotten a bit tough such a shame” I walked in the front door and saw my parents packing
“Why are you packing for?”
“We are going to send you over to your grandparent’s house over on the mainland your flight leaves tomorrows morning”. I couldn’t sleep at all it was half way through the school year and my parents are pulling me out of school I don’t know whether to be happy or confused. Just as I started falling asleep I heard a loud racket next door I ran down to my parent’s bedroom and shouted
“Mum, dad someone is next door” but they wouldn’t wake up I started to get worried so I jumped the fence and walked into their house. That’s when I saw something I’d never forget the old lady that died standing their pail as a ghost with a bloody knife in her hands and her partner’s blood drenched on the floor. I tried to let out a scream but my lungs wouldn’t move. The old lady looked up and saw me standing there and let out a huge wail and started floating towards me finally I unfroze and I jumped the fence back home and slammed the door my dad came out and said “what are you doing up this late”
“Dad I saw the old lady she killed her husband!”
He didn’t believe me though.
The next day came I got my things and started putting them in the car as I slammed the car boot I saw the old lady I froze it’s like she was following me I had a Terrible feeling about the plane trip but my parents insisted that I go.
On the way to the airport I kept seeing the old lady’s murderous face. I arrived at the airport and put away my luggage and found my seat on the plane and sat their till we took off I had to get a drink but as I started to get up there I saw her again as she floated into the cockpit an announcement came Over the P.A “could the boy sitting in Seat G,7 please come to the cockpit I thought I would be safe but as I walked in the door and that’s all I remember I was told I went into shock but I will never know the full story. The End?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!