Rescue My Village

One day on a steep sided hill filled with giant spiky pine trees with thick, green grass that reaches the top of your socks, so that when you run you have to hold your knees up high, hides a lively village. Beside the village, lurks an abandoned dragon that is known to be helpful.
People that lived there (in the village) work very hard to keep their houses spick and span and provide their children’s needs.
On this particular summer’s day, it was very hot. The farmers were lazing about with their dogs, and the mothers were hanging around the social club. The children, as always, were rolling around the grass not minding the weather. Until later that day the weather got much worse. Parents locked their children up and bathed them in sunscreen. The lake connecting the village to the forest was dying out, and there was only one thing left to do... CALL ON THE DRAGON!!
So at the strike of noon the next day, all of the villagers huddled together and said this: “In times of trouble the dragon will wake to save the village by making a lake!!”
All of the villagers thought that by saying this, the dragon would wake up and help them. All of a sudden, the dragon appeared. She had amber skin in colour, feminine blue eyes, long elongated wings and a long skinny tail. “Achoo, Achoo” the dragon said. She then looked at one of the old ladies in the village and said “Achoo, Achoo”. We all looked at the old lady; she was holding a jar of pepper in her hand, as she was in the middle of making dinner.
A gust of water then rushed out of the dragon’s nose. The lake then automatically filled up. The villagers were screaming and laughing! All of the children and parents sung “The dragon helped us yahoo, yahoo, hooray for the dragon Achoo, Achoo”.
And from that day forward they never saw the dragon again!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!