Tess Explores

When Tess woke up from a comfortable sleep on her soft, white,fluffy cushion. Tess awoke to the smell of Eggs & Bacon cooking. Tess loved Eggs & Bacon! So she went over to her feed bowl & looked inside sitting there was a BONE! A juicy, fat BONE! Tess decided that she wanted to save it for later so she took it outside & looked for a place to bury it. That is when she found the perfect hole. Tess scurried over to it & dropped her bone into it & covered it using a pile of dirt sitting nearby.
A few days later Tess decided that she wanted to have her bone now, so she scurried over to the place where she thought her bone was. But there was a hole there now. Tess was sure that she covered the hole over with sand. “Oh no” thought Tess “Where has my bone gone?”. Tess decided that she would look in the newly made hole. So she wandered over to the hole & looked into it, sitting there was Tess’ bone. Tess jumped into the hole to retrieve her bone so she jumped in without thinking & she landed on her front paw Tess yelped in pain, she tried to climb up the side of the hole but she just fell back down again. Tess Tried to climb up the side of the hole again but her paw hurt too much. Then she heard someone calling “ Tess, Tess time for tea” Tess barked but no one could hear her. Tess thought that she might be spending the night in the hole so she got some leaves into a pile to sleep on & then she settled down for bed.
The next morning Tess’s paw was feeling much better. She thought that she might be able to try to get out of the again, so she jumped up and nearly made it to the top but fell down again she tried again and made it to the top! She pranced over to the door and found it locked, Poor Tess! Her owners must of thought that she ran away. She cried and cried but no one heard her and to make things worse her paw was now hurting very badly. She curled up on the door mat and whimpered.
A few days later Tess gave up, her owners weren’t coming back! Tess was exhausted she hadn’t slept properly for the last few nights, but she set of in search of new owners and a proper bed the doormat was horribly uncomfortable she walked and walked and walked until her paws hurt. None of the houses she went past looked very comfortable. She was about to give up for the night when she saw it……. The perfect house! She walked up to the door and barked she didn’t care how loud it was she just kept on barking until her throat hurt.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!