Having A Bad Day

Uncle Lambert arrived on Friday the Thirteenth. “Please, Come on! Only dumbos believe in Friday the thirteenth, Bad Luck Day.” Smirked Uncle Lambert, but anyhow I still believe it.
” Come on” I said hurrying my uncle to the car. When we got to my house my uncle decided to go upstairs to unpack his belongings. That was when Uncle Lambert realised he had his luggage was missing. ” Uh no!” he cried” I don’t believe it!”
We had to drive back to the airport to find his underwear. ‘How embarrassing!!’When we found the luggage my face was completely red. It had been outside the ladies toilet!
When we returned to my house uncle Lambert tripped while walking up the stairs.
“Ahh,”he cried “I’ve broken my leg!!”
With that incident suddenly occurring I had to send uncle Lambert to the hospital.
“Unfortunately your uncle has broken his leg and will need to stay in hospital for a few weeks.” said the doctor after coming out of the operation room.
“That is very unfortunate” I said to my mother that night when she came home.
The next day I went to visit Uncle Lambert. I took him outside the hospital for a walk in the wheelchair.
“Don’t touch that black cast from down the road!!”I exclaimed to Uncle Lambert but it was too late!
“Hey, Catty Catty comes to Uncle Lambert” shouted Uncle Lambert. The cat bit Uncle Lambert on the finger.
“OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!” a piercing cry coming from my uncle filled my ears.
I walked to him and said” I told you black cats and Friday the 13th are bad luck! “
“I hate black cats and Friday the 13th they are bad luck! I’m going back to Canada!”Replied Uncle Lambert.
That night Uncle Lambert packed his belongings and flew to Canada and from the second he got on the plane he knew he hated Friday the 13th and black cats for once and for all!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!