The Terrible Day At School

“The first day of school is today, Steph.” said my Mother. “You better get up” “Ok.” I said. So I got up and got dressed. I didn’t want to go back to school but I had to. It will be my first day in year six. I walk to school every day because my Mum and Dad go to work in the mornings. My two older sisters catch the bus and my younger sister goes to kindergarten. It is always busy mornings. Today my Mum and Dad went to work at six o’clock so I had to get up earlier. Mum and Dad and my sister have to leave in ten minutes.
Ten minutes later I am eating my breakfast in front of my T.V. I am sitting by myself. Then I heard a noise. I looked around the house but I couldn’t see anyone or anything. “Mum, Dad.” I yelled. No one answered. So I continued eating my breakfast. Then someone jumped out in front of me. I only got to see the face of the person. I didn’t think it was a person because it was green and had horns coming out of its head. Then I felt really tired and I fell fast asleep.
When I workup I didn’t know where I was. I looked around then I saw a door. It had writing on it. So I read it. “Wizards Lab.” Then I heard some people coming. They started talking. I quickly closed my eyes. I opened my eyes a little. There was a giant monster and a wizard. The wizard started talking. ”Taht, uoy gnirb em na elbirroh elttil lrig!” “Sey dna I ma yrev yrros, ym ekatsim retsam.” Cried the monster. I didn’t know what they were saying. They I listened closely. Then I realised that they were speaking backwards. I opened my eyes fully and said “Hay, I am not horrible!” “What, you speak” said the monster. Then I felt tired. I thought here we go again. When I woke-up I was on a ship. I didn’t hear anyone talking. I got up and no one was there. Then there was a loud noise. I had bumped into an island. I got off the boat and started running. I had no idea where I was going. Then I heard my name being called “Steph, Steph wake-up” Then I realised that I fell asleep in Maths class.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!