He Changed Everything.

“Wake up! Just wake up and realise what your missing” that’s what Lucas said to me the Friday before the last. Lucas has been my best friends since we were just kids, we grew up together, living next door to each other for about 12 years. But now we are both now 26 years old and we still keep in touch as much as we can. Lucas is tall, blonde and works at a law firm in Sydney. I live in Parramatta and work as a Vet nurse at the zoo. Although lately my life has just been going past like a movie, as I watch it fly past. This is why Lucas has been telling me to get my life together, the other day he said to me, “Natasha, if you don’t get yourself together, I’m going to give up on you!”
He has always been there for me so I guess he just wanted to get on with his own life. But I didn’t want to loose my best friend. This is the day my life changed! I went home and realised that my apartment looked like a war zone. It was a Saturday so I spent the whole day cleaning it up. To my surprise this actually made me feel better. Once everything was tidy, I went shopping to re-fill my fridge as I had invited Lucas over for dinner, to show him I was getting better. That night was great as we were actually having a conversation and I was really listening. It felt great.
Today after work I sorter started to slip back into my old ways, of just doing things on automatic. But then I thought I really might try, so I feed the animals with enthusiasm, I no it sounds weird but I tired. I caught up with my work mates and found out Jenny, my manager got engaged last spring. This proved that Lucas was right and that I really need to get my life back together.
It has been a month since I decided to change, and it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. If I didn’t have a friend like Lucas, I would be wasting my life away. This experience I have proves to me that you should never take your friends for granted, they can begin your life again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!