Head Injury

The rain just wouldn’t stop. I was inside beside the warm crackling fire. I was tempted to go outside and play in the puddles, but suddenly big chunks of something fell from the sky. I walked over to the door I turned the handle and pushed the door open, it wouldn’t open I took two steps backwards and I sprinted like anything and jumped I went through the top of the door. I landed on my back on the wet ground. I peered back at the door a humongous chunk of hail was blocking the door, the next second ooooooouuuuuchchch!!!!!!!!
I woke up in the main hospital in Melbourne. I asked the doctor what happened. She said I got hit on the head with hail. “You have serious head injury.” So that’s why my head is very sore. “You have to have a head surgery. We will have to put you asleep for 6 hours and then you will wake up.” “Ok I said.” You could tell I was unsure in case something went wrong and I had severe brain problems for the rest of my life.
I thought I was thinking that but I yelled it out loud. “No, that has never happened and it won’t happen this time either,” replied the doctor positively. In three seconds nothing, I was asleep. 6 hours felt like 1 minute of agony sleeping. If I could just scream in my dream of fighting for our country Australia.
I was awake, the doctor said, “Did you have a dream?” “Yes” I said. “What was it about?” said the doctor. “You don’t want to know” I said. “Yes I do!” “No you don’t.” “Ok what ever suits you.” All the surgeries turned out well.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!