Black Saturday

I was in the house watching TV. I looked out the window and all I could see was a giant fire heading for me. The first thing I did was run to mum while calling, “Mum mum there is a fire coming to us!”
Mum only said, “grab your stuff we’re going to Aunt Mary’s house. We will stay there the night so we don’t get hit by a great ball of fire.” One minute later we were flying down the street going about 120 kilometres an hour. When we hit freeway the fire was behind us. It was a race against the clock. If we slowed done we would have gone up in flames. From all the suspense I fell asleep.
When I woke up we were at Aunt Mary’s house. When I looked behind me there was nothing in site, only burnt trees and a new future ahead of us.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!