Luke And Lulu

It will be Lulu's birthday tomorrow.
‘What should I get her?’ thought Jack. ‘A stuffed toy? Yeah!’
Jack lived in a red and blue house with his mum, dad, sister and two dogs, Luke and Lulu.
"Mum, can I go to the shops?" asked Jack.
"Sure, as long as you take your sister with you!" shouted Karen, Jack's mother, from the kitchen.
Jack's sister's name was Amy and she was soooo annoying in Jack's opinion.
"Come on sis!" screamed Jack from the lounge room.
"Coming!" replied Amy.
So they went out the door with $20.00 in hand.
When they were just about to walk out the gate, they spotted their motor scooters. They briskly walked towards them. They hopped onto them and started scooting out the gate.
"Weeeeeeeee!" shouted Amy.
In five minutes, they arrived at the pet shop. They tied their motor scooters to a nearby pole with some string Jack found in his pocket and went inside.
In the shop their were: Stuffed toys, bouncy balls, tennis balls and the pets of course.
"They're all so cute," said Amy sweetly.
"We're not here for the pets Amy," said Jack stupidly.
"It's Lulu's birthday tomorrow and we're here to buy a present for her," said Jack.
"Oh yeah," said Amy, suddenly remembering.
"How about we buy the purple spotty one?" said Jack.
"Okay, but how much does it cost?" asked Amy.
"$21.00' replied Jack.
"But we only have $20.00 though," said Amy.
"Exactly" said Jack sarcastically.
"Let's buy the one with the red stripes," said Amy.
"Yes, it is exactly $20.00."
"Great!" said Amy happily.
So they went to the counter to pay for the stuffed toy.
As they went out the door, Jack asked a question.
"Do you think Lulu will like it?"
"She's a dog, Jack, but I still think she'll like it," replied Amy.
So they untied their scooters and went home.
"We're back!" yelled Amy when they arrived home.
"Okay!" yelled Karen.
Before long, it was bed time. Amy and Jack put their pyjamas on and brushed their teeth.
"Goodnight!" shouted Amy to Jack.
"Goodnight!" yelled Jack back.
After five minutes, they were fast asleep.
Next morning, it was Lulu's birthday.
Amy and Jack woke up, got dressed, washed their faces and brushed their teeth and hair. Then they said happy birthday to Lulu. Jack and Amy gave the stuffed toy to Lulu. She gave a loud bark and shook the toy around.
After that, Luke came and played with Lulu and the stuffed toy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!