My Story About How I Hate Needles

I screamed as they put the needle into my arm. The PAIN! The agonising pain. I can’t stand it, it hurts too much. That’s why my mum NEVER makes me have a sharp, pointy, extremely painful injection unless I absolutely have to.
My phobia of needles started ever since I can remember. All I can remember is that I’m scared to death by the thought of having them. One day my mum took me to the doctors to get my height checked (what a believable lie). What she really took me there for was to have an extremely painful injection. Oh how it killed, it was so painful but then I found out that I had to have ANOTHER injection. That makes the pain of the first one double the amount.
You see, we were going to Thailand and Thailand is overseas so that meant TWO painful injections. We had a fantastic time in Thailand. The only bit that hurt me immensely was the injections. My brother Sam is just like me, only a little bit. He doesn’t like injections but he doesn’t complain unlike me, his sister Zoe.
The other day my mum picked me up from school early so that we could go to the dentist. She said that they would be fixing the chip in my front tooth that I got from the ‘Big Accident’. By the ‘Big Accident’ I mean the one where I was attacked by three big dogs. I had to have STITCHES IN MY HEAD! I refused to have an injection to numb the area so that I didn’t feel any pain because they don’t realise that an injection is the same amount of pain as if you had the procedure without an injection. It hurt but at least I didn’t have to have a super painful injection.
Anyway back to the dentist. The dentist decided not to fix the chip because it was rather small; instead she said I needed a filling. Guess what that meant? Yes it means I had to have an injection in my MOUTH. I started crying and saying, “I don’t want an injection”. My mum said, “You have to have it done.” I ended up having it without an injection and guess what? It didn’t hurt a single bit.
If you are like me and hate injections, blood tests and anything that means having a needle stuck into you, then all you have to do is cry or scream or refuse because your parents might not realise it, but needles hurt. If you have a sibling like me that likes to scare you by saying that you have to have an injection then that only makes things worse.
Be brave and refuse to have a needle because it hurts, and I mean it, it really does hurt.
Your friend Zoe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!