Where Is It ?

The beginning of new day brought out the young rays of light, which struck every roof of every house in the neighbourhood.
The rays entered through the translucent glass of young girl's bedroom, illuminating the color pink, which enveloped the room.
This young girl's name was Penny and she had only one thing that she valued the most in the whole world - her ring.
This ring had a beautiful oval red ruby in the middle of it.
It was a gift for her birthday, which had passed 2 days ago.
Today was her prom night, and she was wishing to get a kiss from her sweet heart named Matt.
Her only way of getting that kiss, she believed, was her lucky ring.
The whole day passed by and it was prom time.
Penny noticed that her ring was missing. No one knew where it was.
She searched her whole house, taking apart every joint on every piece of furniture in the home. The ring wasn't found.
With tears flowing like a river and the special mascara she had wanted to use on this special night, smeared on her cheeks.
She was consoled and persuaded to go to Prom anyway.
By the end of the night, the Prom hall was empty, no music was playing, no one was dancing, the chairs were stacked on tables and the only sign of human life was the janitor sweeping soft drink residue of the floor.
Penny and Matt were taking a stroll on a nearby beach. Penny told Matt all about the disappearance of her ring.
Matt took a glance at Penny's finger, and smiled. He gently grabbed Penny by the small of her back, sending a pleasant shiver all over body giving her goose bumps. He then gave Penny the best kiss of her life, the type of kiss, which truly showed her how lucky she was, even if she thought that her ring was her only source of luck.
After the kiss, Matt gently took Penny's hand and held it up to his lips and softly kissed it.
Penny's hand was now at her eye level, and what she saw made her blush, after which she let out a cry of laughter.
The lucky ring, which she was so desperately looking for was now shining right in front of her under the light of a full moon on a pleasant summer night. Her smile didn't go away until she went to sleep that night with peace in her heart that her ring was still safe and by her side to bring her luck whenever she needed it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!