Lenny's Talent

Once upon a time lived a baby elephant called Lenny. He went to Kindy. There was a special contest of talent at Kindy and he had never won before. He really wanted to win but the bully always won.
Lenny practiced to fly, but he realized that he didn’t have any wings. He tried to sing a song but he couldn’t sing it in tune. He tried to jump high but that didn’t work either.
He asked his Mum what he could do. She said “Your ideas and your talent”. That didn’t help Lenny much. “It’s just about having fun”, said Mum.
On contest day, it started raining. Lenny tried to do something clever with his trunk in the rain. But no one could see him because of the rain. And the bully won again because he jumped in the puddles. It was the only thing the bully could do, and everybody else just stared at the rain.
But then Lenny said, “It’s not about winning, its about having fun. Fun, fun, fun”. The whole crowd cheered. The rain stopped. Lenny looked at his Mum and Dad and smiled happily. It didn’t matter that Lenny didn’t win because Lenny had such a great time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!