Jed

Jed was the scariest,meanest guy in the whole town.Kids stepped out of his way in fright,hoping that he wouldn't lash out with his awful tongue,or even talk to him at all,because they would probably faint.Not only did Jed push kids around,tease them and frighten them completely,but he and his family were runaways from the police.They were drug dealers.I was young and innocent until I met him.There he was,hurting people left,right,and center.He stopped at me,with his hand raised,about to strike,until that second.Jed's eyes met mine and we knew we liked each other.I wanted to behave like Jed,look like Jed,eat like Jed,and generally be like Jed.Even though he was eighteen and I was twelve ,we were always together.One lunch we were sitting together,as usual,in our normal spot - where the teachers can't see us.Jed taught me how to use this strange thing that he called "marajuana".It felt relaxing,but it felt wrong at the same time,like something I shouldn't be doing.In the morning I feel terrible.I can hear my dad's voice floating inside my head."Don't mix in with the wrong crowd,son,or you'll get hurt."He said."Never again,"I whisper,"never again."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!