A Cold Winter

A cold winter’s breeze blew through Adam Nichols open apartment window. It was 9pm and Adam just got back from work. He was a regular chef in a normal restaurant, he could have gotten a high paying job whenever he wanted to but he liked the simple life so no one would ever suspect anything.
In QLD city whenever a crime was present a man known to the media as Blizzard came to rescue the day. Blizzard could control, conjure, and command air. The blizzard was, if you haven’t already guessed, Adam Nichols. The digital clock by the bed read 9:10pm, Adam was feeling tired so he drifted off to sleep. He woke up again at 1:30am, something had woken him up, something disturbing, he could sense it. He quickly shot out of bed and put on his completely black robes and put his hood over his head. The window was still open, he jumped out of it and conjured a gust of wind to blow him in any direction he wanted it to, in other words he was flying. He flew over the city trying to pick up anything out of the ordinary, he couldn’t see anything, everything seemed fine yet he could still feel that tingling feeling in the back of his neck warning him something was happening. He spent an hour flying around, until finally he decided it was nothing and went home to sleep.
He woke up the next day at 8:00 am, it was a Saturday, his favourite day because it was his only day off during the week. He got out of bed and travelled down to the mall. He couldn’t fly during the day of course so he took his old 1978 ford which was slowly falling apart. When he reached the mall he noticed police ‘do not cross tape’ surrounding a small souvenir shop. He walked up to it and surveyed it momentarily,
“It was hit pretty hard,” said the cop.
“It was too,” replied Adam.
Weird he thought, cops aren’t suppose to tell you these kind of stuff there suppose to reassure you, and anyway there not allowed to tell you. How did this happen he thought, he flew around the city and passed this store loads of times and it was in perfect condition each time.
It was 1:00am, Sunday; Adam was getting ready for another patrol. He flew outside and patrolled the area passing the sovereign shop, fashion district, sports centre, restaurants area, and gamers’ heaven. He landed right in the middle of all the shops, he could sense something watching him and he knew it was close, whatever it was. He heard a loud bang and conjured a ball of wind around him blowing towards the sky, a bullet got caught in the air and blew upwards, the criminal just made a stupid and crucial mistake, Adam knew that the only way to get hold of a gun was to become a cop and he know knew that the criminal was a cop.
8:00am, Sunday; Adam was wagging work to check out the mall. Once again he used his car and when he got there he found that a restaurant had been broken into, a restaurant that was rivals with his own. Adam saw the same cop patrolling the shop, he was eyeing the cop and when he blinked his eyes the cop wasn’t there anymore. He knew what was going on know luckily for him the villain wasn’t so smart.
1:00am, Monday; Adam was gliding through the air, the sovereign shop and the restaurant that was hit were both owned by the same person, Arch Bridgeman, Arch happened to own one more store, a paint store, the worse store to try to rob. Adam reached the store and could sense someone’s presence, he waited till he could sense it clearly and with one hand conjured a tornado and sent it flying towards the direction. He could here someone screaming in the direction of the tornado, it had picked someone up, but he couldn’t see anyone, with his other hand he used his wind to pick up a tin of paint, he used the wind to open it and then he sent it hurdling inside the tornado, the paint has hit someone and was floating in mid-air, the man was invisible.
8:00am, Sunday. He was at the mall and saw a man stuck to a poll with a note saying I made the hits arrest me; the man was the cop that patrolled the other two stores.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!