I Don't Want To Move!

My nightmare had come true, I was going to move to a different house and that means that I would have to change schools. I was begging my mum not to move but it was never going to work because all my mum would say was that I would have to deal with it. It was so perfect where we lived but I didn’t get it, why do we have to move? Why now? I was hoping we could move when I was in high school. But now there are no excuses left, I have tried every excuse but none of them had worked. I knew I couldn’t do anything to stop them. But as I thought of the best excuse they told me that if I said one more excuse I would be grounded for 2 weeks.

But I didn’t give up hope, I told them that the house was sold but I had forgotten that the auction was supposed to be last Wednesday it was supposed to be this Wednesday that was 3 more days. I quickly looked another direction pretending I wasn’t talking to them. My dad slowly came to me, I was panicking and as my dad came he asked me what I said, I sighed in relief thinking that they heard me, I told him that I was talking to myself and walked to my room.

Well, I was lucky that time but it was a fluke, now I knew I wasn’t going to have any luck left. I would have to find a way to stop them before they went to the auction. As night came I was thinking of all the ways that I could stop them. But none were useful so I went to sleep. “RING!! RING!!” ugh, the sound of the alarm. I really hated that noise but I really needed to get used to it. I quickly came to the bathroom to brush my teeth and went downstairs to eat breakfast. As I arrived to school I told everyone that I was going to move to a different school, when my friend heard it he almost bursted into tears.

After school as I went home all my friends came to my house and gave me presents. I thanked them and played with them for a few hours, as they went home I went in my room and was just imagining what it will be like if I actually moved, then something struck me in the head I thought of an idea. The next day I told my friends to go to the school backyard so we could have a plan. But none of them had arrived so I slowly walked home. As I opened the door I saw my friends and family there and I was so confused. My mum told me that she was convinced by my best friend and we weren’t going to move, I was really happy.


THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!