Rapundall

A short time ago, there was a hairy man named Rapundall. He had a long, red, nicely knotted beard. One day, in the Land of Trees, when Rapundall was walking through the forest of trees, out jumped three little blind mice. Or were they? Rapundall didn’t know. Then suddenly, “Hiyahhh!” the three mice yelled as they pulled out their swords. They were the three Ninja Mice! Of course, Rapundall was too dumb to know this, and simply said, “Good evening,”
“Good evening to you, stupid head!” yelled the head mouse while he kicked Rapundall in the forehead knocking him out.

In the Faraway land of Cheese, a beautiful princess was walking through a wood when she heard yelling. “It’s a cat! It’s a cat!”. “Run for your lives!”
“Please have mercy!”
She ran behind a bush to get a closer look at what was going on. She crouched down and saw what was going on. A ginger cat, in gloves with a sword, was gobbling up a group of imperial mice. The loyal soldiers of the three ninja mice!
“Nice kitty cat,” a mouse said in a soft tone. “My name is Puss, in gloves!” exclaimed the cat.

Rapundall woke up on the top floor of the tallest tower in Cheese Castle! The door was a ten foot thick titanium vault, with a ten number letter combination. Rapundall nearly jumped out of his skin as the vault door opened and the three Ninja Mice walked through the door. One of the mice stated, “You will be our pet”.
They then walked back through the door and it closed behind them. Rapundall liked the idea of being a pet. All you would have to do is eat, and his beard would be cut. He thought it would be wonderful.

Outside Cheese Castle, the princess lurked. She ran forward and quickly dived when mice walked past. She scrambled to her feet and leaped to a window. She grabbed onto the window ledge and flung herself to the next and the next, until she made it to the top. Then she pulled out a crossbow from her pack. She then launched a grappling hook at the next tower. The princess ran across the rope and unhooked the grappling hook. She jumped onto the roof and stood in front of the tallest tower in Cheese Castle. She yelled, “Rapundall, Rapundall, let down your beard!” No reply.
“He must not be able to hear me,” the princess muttered to herself.
“I’ll have to scale it”. The princess found that there were no windows, except for the one at the top. She grabbed onto the bricks and started to climb. Brick to brick she clung until she reached the top.

She dusted her hands and found Rapundall snoring in his bed. She also found a chew toy, a kennel and some cat food. A troop of nice ran underneath the door and then ran back under while screaming
“It’s a big person! It’s a big person!”
The princess opened the door to find a group of scattering mice. The vault door slammed behind her and the Three Ninja Mice guarded it. She knew she couldn’t get back in so she ran down the stairwell. She heard screams of agony as she squished the screaming mice. The Three Ninja Mice started to pursue her.
They yelled “She’s human cheese1”
Suddenly all the mice started pulling her down. She struggled and tripped, rolling down the staircase.
“Don’t worry fair lady, I will save you,” said Puss in Gloves triumphantly as he jumped from out behind a bush. Mice started to flee, and more cats appeared. All was going well until, the Three Ninja Mice came. Puss in Gloves was in a deadlock duel with the three ninja mice. The other cats tried to help their valiant leader but the rallying mice would not let them through.
Puss in Gloves was quickly swamped by mice and carried away. The princess started to run herself as did the cats. They ran, meowing into the forest.

Puss in Gloves woke up in a dungeon with many other cats. He got up, pulled his chains and broke free.
“Hurray!” screamed the cats
“Sorry my kith and kin, I will return” Puss announced.
He ran out between the bars and grabbed his sword. The guards fled, but Puss could not let them go. He sprinted after them but it was too late. The chess gong had been rung. Soon the cat dungeon would be swarming with mice! Puss threw the keys into the dungeon and the swords after them. The cats lunged for them and soon freed themselves, but before that, Puss had to fight off a legion of mice!
Deep in the forest the cats heard the gong and mobilized. The cats came charging out of the forest and at the castle. On the far side the princess came charging down the mountain with a fully armed legion of cats from the Land of Cheese. The cats we on the rampage, and the mice were in frenzy! The Three Ninja Mice came charging into the battle. The mice hadn’t realised that there was a legion of cats on the far side. The princess led the cats to the tower but the windows were barred.
The three armies charged and slaughtered the poor little mice. The princess led a small elite group of mice to rescue Rapundall from the mice. They found that all the windows and doors were barred, so they decided to join the fight. The princess pulled out two long, slender blades, and started slicing up the little scruffy mice with pointy swords. The battle raged on for hours and the cats triumphantly hacked away at the legions of mice.
“Ring the gong three times!” shouted one of the mice.
“It’s the Ninja guard!” yelled a cat.
The cats that weren’t from the Land of Trees fled. Puss tried to rally them. The Ninja guard started to attack the cats.
The princess broke down the door, and charged up the spiral stairs. She came to the vault door. The princess pulled out a loose brick and behind it was a group of mice with a leaver.
“Get the door opened!” screamed the princess
The mice jumped back one of them hesitantly pulled the leaver. The princess ran in grabbed Rapundall by the beard and dragged him down the stairs. When she reached the bottom she found that Puss had rallied the cats, but was lying on his back with three Ninja Mice on his chest!
“What is your real name?” asked one of the Ninja Mice.
“My name,” Puss hesitated, “is Fred.”
Everyone looked stunned. Fred then jumped up and ate all Three Ninja mice!
“Thank you Fred”, thanked the princess
Fred became enraged. “Don’t call me Fred!!!” screamed Fred
In a split moment the princess and Rapundall were eaten by Fred! Fred fell over and burped.
By Jordan King

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!