One Stromy Night


After one usually day Alison Tedmen came back from school worrying about the next day. This was because the next day was Friday the 13th.
She was worried about everything that might happen to her. She was so scared that she couldn’t even eat her dinner. After dinner she rang one of her best friends Sam Housemen and told her all the things going through her mind. They were on the phone for 3 hours until Alison’s mum Kathy Tedmen told her to get off and get ready for bed so she said goodbye to Sam and went to bed.

The next day Alison woke up to a scream and it was coming from her mothers room she ran in their to find her mum hugging her dad saying how much she loves him just because he brought her a new diamond for her ring because her old one had fallen out. Alison said to her mum to never do that again because she had scared the living daylight out of her.

Alison walked to school with her friends Sally and Beth. They were all organising a party for tonight and what they were going to do at the party. Beth said that they should all go done to the haunted house just at the end of her street. Sally agreed, Alison’s gut was telling her no but she didn’t want to look like a chicken in front of Beth. So it was settled they would all walk back to Beth’s house after school, get changed and then go to the Haunted House.

Alison had Maths with Sally first period , she was trying to talk Sally out of going to the Haunted house but Sally just said that it would be fun and what’s the worse that could happen Alison didn’t reply. Alison hated Maths she found it so boring and complicated. She thought there was no point to it.

Then she was in History for a DOUBLE but she was with her other best friend Jess. Jess and Alison talked all the way through the history lesson about going to the Haunted house after school. Jess didn’t like the idea either but she didn’t want to not go because she loved parties and so did Alison so they decided they would go but not leave each others side. Then they started to talk about something else to keep their mind away from the thought of what happened in that exact Haunted house they were going to last year.

It was finally recess Alison sat with Beth, Sally, Jess, Millie, Zoe, Fran, Georgia, Jess and Sam like she always did. Beth was telling Jess, Fran and Georgia about going to the Haunted house at the end of her street after school. Alison thought that was the longest recess she had ever had and she was dreading tonight.

It was 3:05 and they all meet at the gates when they had their bags. Alison and Jess just waited for each other. The others thought that Alison and Jess didn’t want to be with them and just thought that they hated them. They asked them if they had done something wrong or hurt them in anyway. Jess started laughing and said that they were just a bit scared and didn’t really want to go to the haunted house. Sam asked why they just didn’t tell them they didn’t want to go and they didn’t have to go. Alison said that they want to go but they just said that they would stay together but still hang out with you guys as well. They were all happy again and started to walk up the stairs to Beth’s bedroom.

After everyone had got changed out of their school uniform they walked down to the corner shops with Beth’s brother and his friend then left them there and continued to the Haunted House. Beth and Sam held Jess and Alison’s hands so they knew they had their support and they didn’t need to be scared.

They got up to the Haunted House door and heard noises coming from inside. They knocked on the door and it swung open. Alison and Jess tried to scream but Beth covered their mouths. She told them they had to be very quiet other wise if they got caught they would get into a lot of trouble.

They all walked into this room which had a puddle of water in the centre. Everyone looked up and saw a man hanging from the roof by a piece of rope. Fran was wondering if the man was dead so she asked everyone but no one replied. Fran started to get scared and didn’t know wither to ask again or just keep quiet. She decided to keep quiet. Then there was a big BANG as a door the door behind them went flying shut. Then a small TV screen turned on and a voice said all these tasks they had to do now before they could get back out of the Haunted House. They finished all the tasks and went outside and found two boys sitting outside laughing the girls went up to them and turned their faces around and saw that they had the same masks on as in the video. The girls took the masks off and found that it was Beth’s brother and his friend and it was them all along.

By Lydia Leckie

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!