The Grey Planet

“It’s grey, all grey” thought Rodney, the first citizen on Mars. He was standing in the air lock stairing out at Earth with the rest of the ships passengers. They were shoving and pushing around him trying to get their first good look at Earth from Mars.
N.A.S.A opened citizen space travel when the pollution on Earth got too great. N.A.S.A had built bases on Mars ten years ago in preparation.
Rodney let himself be jostled by the crowd through the interlocking domes to the residential dome. As he went, he remembered what people had said Earth had looked like from the Moon. ‘It’s the most beautiful thing; all white, bleu and green,’ but that had been two hundred years ago. Now with all the pollution from the hover cars and mass development removing almost all the trees. The only resort was to go to another planet, Mars.
Rodney went into his home which he shared with nine other people. He was still thinking about what the humans did to Earth, what will stop them from doing this to Mars. “We need a new approach, a greener approach. The Mars approach.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!