Waldo The Turtle

Once, on a small, quiet beach lived a tiny, green, skinny turtle called Waldo. Absolutely nobody went near Waldo, a nasty bully called Blow-fish Bully teased Waldo and everybody was so scared of him, they never talked to poor Waldo.
One day, as the sun was pleasantly rising, Waldo splashed into the sparkling sea. He didn't think Waldo was around so Waldo leaped into the air and dived with a loud SPLASH! Waldo was very wrong. Blow-fish Bully came puffing over to him, grinning, with a huge school of fish following behind in alarm. “Waldo, you cow, what are you doing in my territory?” Demanded Blow-fish Bully, widening his eyes. “Ah,... um,...I don't...um know...” Stammered Waldo scratching his head.
Before Blow-fish Bully could say no more, Waldo paddled away to the rocks and hid there for about 2 weeks. Waldo was sick of Blow-fish Bully. The God of Nature saw poor Waldo and decided to give him a shell so he wouldn't look so small and wimpy. After that, Waldo never got bullied again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!