Trapped

“Let’s go catch some yabbies” said Tom. “Ok” replied Jack, so off they went to catch some yabbies. “Let’s trap them and tease them” whispered Tom. “No that’s cruel” yelled Jack.
But Tom didn’t listen, so when he caught one he would poke and prod it with a stick. All of a sudden the yabbies grew and grew until they were as big as Tom and Jack themselves.”Oh. No! What did you do Tom?” “Nothing, I just poked them” replied Tom.
‘Let’s run,” screamed Tom and Jack. But before they could run the yabbies grabbed them and took them to their dens which were humungous holes in the ground.
“Please take me, not him,” yelled Tom pointing at Jack, but the yabbies ignored him and trapped them in a cage made of human bones!
“I have a hammer with me” said Jack. “I’ll break the bones.” Jack broke the cage of bones and ran out of the yabbies’ den. “Yeah, we’re safe” the boys cheered, but just as they finished saying that hundreds of yabbies ran towards them. “What should we do?” asked Tom. “Go get the fishing knife” replied Jack. Tom got the fishing knife and Jack got the hammer. Jack cracked and shattered their shell while Tom sliced and diced them to pieces. Tom and Jack counted every yabby that fell beneath their spree. All but the king had fallen to their spree. The boys were as quick as lightning but the king was faster. Jack fell to the king’s powerful pincers. Tom yelled to Jack but there was no answer so Tom attacked until he almost fainted. Finally he parried the king’s sword and defeated the king in a way that the king would suffer for, for the rest of eternity. But when he woke Jack, Tom was pushed out of the way and Jack sliced the king in half.
So after their big day the boys went home but they were not alone…….
“Aarrgghhhh, something nipped me!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!