Peter, Peter, Wake Up!

Lots of birds were flying away from the forest nearby. Then, a greyish-white coloured wolf crept slowly and quietly towards Darky….…

“Peter! Peter! Wake up!” yelled Heidi again, desperately shaking with fear.

Peter quickly got up realising what was happening. He started throwing rocks at the wolf just in time to save Darky. Darky and Snowy ran towards Heidi alarmed by the wolf.

The wolf growled and charged with anger at Peter and Heidi. They headed for the rocky cliff and started climbing down carrying Darky and Snowy in one hand. The wolf howled and the children heard running from behind the wolf.

“The wolf is calling his pack!” cried Peter, terrified. “Hurry, let’s climb down and get help!” shouted Peter over the wolves howling. Heidi nodded and immediately started climbing down the mountain.

“Uncle Alp! Uncle Alp!” cried Peter. Uncle Alp came running out then went back in the cottage bringing out a large bell. He started shaking it and straight away the wolves stopped and put their ears in the air listening to the bell; then as if they were drunk they swayed for a while and ran up the mountain again.


“What was that grandfather?” asked Heidi curiously. “A very special bell” answered Uncle Alp. Peter and Heidi smiled at each other then at Uncle Alp and ran to have their lunch.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!