The Stone

“Mum what time is it?” Anna asked. “It’s time to wash the dishes and clean your room.” said mum angrily. “But…” Anna said sadly. “Oh, and read your sister a story.” Mum added. As much as Anna wanted to go and read her book called “If Only You Knew”, she did what her mum asked. She went to go wash the dishes when she noticed a stone. She picked up the stone and it felt like there was nothing in her hand but a spider. “Ahhhhhh.” Anna screeched. She looked in her hand to find nothing was there. That night when she went to bed she had forgotten everything that had happened.
The next morning when she got to school her teacher yelled “Come here, Anna! I thought you said you were going to be away today! Now I find you turning up at school!” “I never said that!” Anna said in a sad but very quiet voice. “Hi.” Her friend Tracy said. Anna ran to the front of the school and started crying. Tracy ran after her. “Hey, hey what’s wrong.” Tracy asked. “I’m a disgrace! Everything in my life is wrong!” Anna cried. When she felt happier Anna and Tracy ran inside. “Help me!” screamed the teacher. The girls started laughing. “Don’t just stand there, help me!” “Mrs. Mercival. Uh… Mrs. Mercival it’s just a toy spider. It has something to do with the stone I found.” Anna said looking surprised and thinking about the spider she had in her hand yesterday. “Oh… it’s just a toy. Well….back to work kids. Can somebody please get this off?” Nobody bothered to take it off because it was a toy. When Anna got home that day she e-mailed Ashley. She also called her big sister Lily. She felt like she could tell her anything! She was looking outside the open window while she was talking to her sister. “I found a stone yesterday. It was dark purple with milky swirls in the middle.” She said while daydreaming. “Wait, I’ve read about that stone in a book. It said whoever found it would be the keeper of it.” Anna’s big sister said. Anna hung up and ran outside with the toy spider leading her. She ran through the gloomy woods and started to cry. A dragon came out of the sky and said calmly, “Come live with us in Peace Land.” ”I can’t I have school!” Anna said sadly. “Time stops here whenever someone new has come.” “So this has nothing to do with the toy spider?” She went with the dragon, but she always knew she was always going to be the keeper of the stone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!