A Ride Of A Lifetime


I am standing out the front of Luna Park. I have been here now for four hours waiting for the gates to open. This is the longest I have ever had to wait. It feels like I have been standing here forever but I haven’t. I am starting to boil up inside. I can’t wait any longer. I’m going to explode. But before I had the chance to explode the gates opened. What a relief I thought.

Now I have a problem. I just can’t choose which ride. There are just too many to choose from. What was supposed to be a stress free day had just turned out to be stressful.

I finally decided which ride to go on, the Scenic Railway. I was first in line so I didn’t have to wait long. Thank goodness for that.

I’m sitting in the front row. I don’t know why I’m sitting in the front row or even going on this ride. For some of you that don’t know, I’m scared of heights. I am absolutely terrified of heights. No make that petrified of heights.

While I was thinking, the ride had taken of up the steep hill. There’s no way off. I’m just going to have to face my fears. Here I go.

I opened my eyes. You wouldn’t believe the first thing I did. I looked down. How could I look down? Now I feel really annoyed at myself.

Now I’m up the top, here I go. Oh I forgot to mention I am the only person on the ride. I screamed really loud while it went down the hill. It hurt. Now back to normal speed. Just the way I like it.

All of a sudden it started speeding up. I closed my eyes. It actually helped. I thought the ride had finished. I opened my eyes. Oh oh! It’s not the end of the ride, I am actually going down a hill really fast. What a time to open my eyes.

Actually I’m glad to open my eyes. I feel great. I’m not scared anymore. “I’m not scared anymore!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. Suddenly everybody just dropped everything and turned around and just stared at me. I felt my face go bright red. I feel so embarrassed. I hope nobody is here from school. Just my luck, guess who’s here? The three girly girls. Stacey, Skye and Sarah from my class. They just stood there having a laughing fit.

At the end of the ride I went up to them and said, "well at least I faced my fear of heights, now I would love to see you go on it!"




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!