Dear Diary

Dear Diary, today was awesome. Matt Jade and I went fishing with mum and dad. I caught a crab. After we had celebrated I caught another crab! Once we had had enough of fishing we went for a swim in the lake. It was so nice! I was collecting rocks from under the water and I was soaking wet. I went on the Tarzan rope, it was super! Love ya Crystal.

Dear Diary, boy it is hot! Kinglake residents had to go to this boring fire meeting, I listened in anyway. It was okay, at the end we got an icy pole with fire trucks all over it so Matt liked it. I then went home and packed my bag for school tomorrow. Talk tommorow, Crystal.

Dear Diary, gotta get ready for school today. Tried telling mum it’s too hot to go to school today she said, "we're going to be late." I put a sour look on my face and said, "fine!" and off I went.
When I arived home mum was putting water in the gutters. It was strange. Oh, gotta scoot, dad called me for dinner. Talk soon, Crystal.

Dear Diary, sorry I haven’t talked to you for ages but today is Friday and I am really scared because there are fires everywhere. Last night was weird. Mum gave me an emergency phone, school was also cancelled. I thought about the fire meeting, but then the lake took my mind off it. I took the phone just in case and went down with Lilly. Chow, Crystal.

Dear Diary, mums getting really scared too! It’s really smoky and you can’t see past a meter when I went on the balcony. I felt the wind and couldn’t believe the heat. I turned on the radio and the girl kept repeating, lLeave when you see smoke not when you see flames." That just stuck in my head like glue. I told mum and she said, "well you leave with Matt and Jade and dad and I will stay to fight the flames." I picked up Matt and Jade and ran to the community centre. I took some memorable things and my camera. By this time I saw a big wall of flames come down the hill and I took four pictures of the flames then the question came. "Crystal, what’s going on?" Jade asked. I replied, "you're fine sweetie." I wanted to believe that was true. See ya, Crystal.

Dear Diary, at the community center today. I want to know what’s up with mum and dad. Haven’t talked to them in ages. I better go, Crystal.

Dear Diary, back at the community centre today. Gran and Gramps came to visit. They are letting us stay with them until we know what’s up with King Lake. Bye, Crystal.

Dear Diary, we're where our house used to be. I took some pictures while on the way. Bye for February, Crystal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!