Johnny's First Day

As Johnny woke up he felt a tingle of excitement, he quickly ran and said “Joanne, Joanne it’s my big day”. But as always she was at work from 5:00 every morning. “Well, she isn’t home but that isn’t an excuse not to get ready”. So when he got ready he jumped in the car and when he hit the seat it broke. “NO! Not now please”. So he got out of the car and started walking. On the way he tried to catch a taxi but all of them already had passengers. Then he tried to catch the bus, but he just missed it. “Come on, can’t I catch some kind of transport?” and just as he said it a car came zooming up to him. “Need a ride Johnny?” said Joanne “Joanne! Boy, it’s nice to see you.” And then Johnny noticed something leaking, it was coming from the petrol tank. “Oh no, not again!” sighed Joanne “I’m afraid that I wont be much use to you without a car.” So Johnny kept walking. Just as he was at the interview place he tripped over a rock on the curb of the road, but he was determined to get the job. “I won’t give up now.” So he got up and kept walking even though his ankle was hurting him. “Wait a second, I know what to do! Hop!” so off he went hopping on one leg. He entered the building and the first door to the right was where he was meant to meet his employer, so he knocked on the door and a man in a suit opened the door. “Hello Mr. Hopinman, you may enter. So Johnny hopped in. “Hello nice to meet you Mr. Parkinson.”
“Yes, yes likewise. What job were you here to be interviewed for?”
“Well as you can see I have worked for a very long time on the same subject. I have performed quite a bit of surgery and from the start. Ever since I left university I have wanted to work in this particular hospital.” said Johnny.
Mr. Parkinson rose to his feet and so did Johnny, well at least on one foot.
“Well, I believe you’ve got the job Mr. Hopinman, I’ve waited for someone like you for a long time, why don’t you tell me what you to do first?”
“Well, I believe that as an ankle specialist, I should tell you my favorite technique. Hop.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!