I Love You!

Happy Birthday Samantha!
I hope you enjoy your day.
Jake
ps. Can’t wait to see you tonight!
It was these words that set Samantha’s heart racing a million miles an hour.

Jake wasn’t like the other boys, who paraded around the school like they owned the place, but he wasn’t one of those boys who were always buried in books. He was special. He had a special aura around him that told everyone that he was in charge. No one dared to oppose him, not even her.

HONK!
“Coming!” Samantha called through her bedroom window. She threw one last glance in the mirror before running out the door into Jake’s open arms.
“Happy birthday! You look gorgeous,” Jake whispered before kissing her hair. She giggled but didn’t reply. Instead she walked on towards the car. A little further down the road, Peter was sitting in his car fuming.

“Surprise!” yelled Jake. Samantha opened her eyes to a twilight picnic in a little pavilion that overlooked the sea. She gave a little shriek of surprise. Jake walked over and sat down next to her. He placed his arms around her and whispered three words, “I love you”. She turned around to ask him if he was joking when his lips met hers.

“Get yourhands off her NOW!” someone yelled. Both Samantha and Jake turned to look at the intruder. It was Peter.
“What are yo-”started Samantha before Peter cut her off.
“Samantha, I know we’re friends but I love you. Please will you be my girlfriend?” begged Peter. Before she had a chance to reject, Jake had sent Peter flying. Peter groaned then got up. Jake and Peter started to fight. She then heard Jake scream. She looked and saw him falling over the cliff. She ran to the edge, ready to jump after him but she was pulled back by Peter’s arms.

The next few days passed in a blur for Samantha. Then there was the court trial…
“Peter Blacke. I hereby sentence you to eight years in jail.”
“WHAT!” yells Samantha, “HE GETS ONLY EIGHT YEARS IN JAIL?! HE KILLED JAKE!” With that Samantha ran from the courtroom back to the pavilion.

That night Samantha woke up screaming and crying. She had dreamt of Jake. She was in pitch black tunnel with the word “forgiveness” written all over the walls in white. Then she saw Jake standing at the end of the tunnel. She had run into his arms for the last time and he had whispered these words: “I'll always love you.”

Ten Years Later
Samantha had married Peter and moved into a large house that was on a cliff that overlooked the sea. It was where the pavilion used to be. She had long forgiven Peter and had learned how to see him as a wonderful companion. For now, she waited patiently for a time when she would be reunited with Jake once more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!