Ultimate Gladiator

Ultimate Gladiator
Zac had never felt so much pain in his life. Tendons felt like they were going to snap at any second. He cried out as someone stood on his hand. Racing to the top of a mountain against the best athletes from every country in the world is a very bad idea, Zac thought, next time and stay away from the arena.
This had started five months ago when Zac had read in the newspaper: Attention: Are You A Person Who Loves: Sports, Weapons, Fighting, Driving at High Speed and Huge Prizes? If so, go to WWW.ultimate.gladiator. What Ever Country You Are From. Zac had thought it a good chance to show Australia his talents. He had gotten to the top ten of Australia then the top three. Finally, he beat the final challenger and had the name ‘Predator’ chosen for him, owing to his weird talent to find and sometimes eliminate others quickly. Now he wished he hadn’t entered. Pain left him as he rested on the small ledge he had pulled himself on. Zac got up, dusted his knees, stretched and turned only to gasp at a huge, temple-like building in front of him. “Wow”. Zac said when he overcame his wordlessness. Zac started towards the temple and pushed the door open. He could feel the splinters in the door pierce his skin as he did so. Zac sat down on the dusty mat, coughing. A voice called when everyone was in “All of you have been chosen, 149 of you, to win over ten billion dollars and earn the name of ‘Ultimate Gladiator’. All you have to do is this”.
A few minutes later, Zac emerged and headed towards a funny, metallic, abseiling machine. He grabbed a karabiner and did a handstand. Apparently, Zac thought as the device went down the mountain, there are five tests, I have completed one and am doing another. The master said Climbing, Abseiling, Fighting, Driving through landmines and fighting with weapons. Ping! A bell sounded as the karabiner came to a halt. Ouch, Zac thought a he lowered himself to the ground. Zac ran towards a small arena. “And the next contestants are Zac Mullern and Fred Bopled. Bopled? Zac thought, Gee, imagine the taunts for a small guy like that. Ding! Zac moved in forward, wary and threw a punch. Fred toppled. I hope he’s alright, Zac thought. He hopped in a car. Too easy, he thought. Beep! He slammed his foot down and a few seconds later, BOOM! The car flew into the air as Zac triggered a landmine. BOOM! Again and again. By some miracle, Zac got to the end, and won! Zac spotted another arena and walked, dizzy, into it. Someone handed him an UZI and he fired at ready-made targets. Zac chance spotted a table saying, first, Zac Mullern, AUS. He didn’t read any of the rest. Ding! ‘Time up’. A loudspeaker blared. Zac happily accepted a huge cheque saying, Zac Mullen, Ten Billion.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!