Terrors Of The Night

The trees loomed above her like skeletons. Hansa had only her dog, Rovianian , for company. The wind sounded like ghosts floating past, making her blood turn ice. She walked forward, holding Rovianian, and hoped that the path she took would lead her out of the forest.
No, the path ended at some trees that were so close together that not even a mosquito could fly through. Rovianian made a soft whining noise. Hansa tried to quieten him but she knew it was no use, the forest seemed to have no exit at all. The trees seemed to be walking towards her. How did she get into this mess?
Hansa regretted ever being a truant. Suddenly the leaves above her rustled. She was paralysed with fear. Rovianian’s howls sounded more like an old man’s dying breath.
Finally her senses came back to her, she ran the way she came. She didn’t dare look back until (to her relief) she ran out of the forest. Hansa smiled with relief and turned, that was when her smile faded.
Standing before her were about 40 troll-like creatures, all of them growling (more like shouting) in anticipation. Tears stung against her eyes but she didn’t dare let them out in case crying made the creatures want to eat her.
Their gigantic mouths, covered in yellow saliva, curved into a smile, there was no way out of this now.
Rovianian growled. He struggled out of Hansa’s arms and charged at them. The creatures smiled. One of them took a step forward and squashed Rovianian, leaving only a pool of blood.
Hansa screamed, tears streaming from her eyes. They turned their heads (one of their disgusting, green feet covered in blood) and smiled. This smile showed all of their teeth, each of their mouths had at least eight missing. Two of the creatures did a great leap and landed on Hansa. She screamed and then she was floating away...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!