Part 1 Of Lucy's Life

Lucy Bennet lives in the kingdom of Wondlia. She works as a slave for King Gridley. She has spent 10 years working as a slave, practically all her life. She cooks, cleans and serves. She doesn’t get paid that much, 2 grumples a month. That’s only enough to buy two mushrooms and one boiled sweet. Lucy Bennet hated it there.
“Servant, I want my whiskey” shouted the booming voice of King Gridley. “Coming oh great one” said the little voice of Lucy. ‘I hate this place’ Lucy thought to herself. As she thought this she tripped over a loose tile. When she hit the ground the whiskey went all over the floor, into her light and stained brown hair and all over her stained and smelly rags.
Eventually Lucy got the whiskey to King Gridley. “What took you so long child?” King Gridley said in an angry tone. “So sorry oh king, I tripped over a loose tile in the brewery and your whiskey went everywhere” Lucy replied. The King told her fix the loose tile. It was gruelling work because Lucy had hardly any experience with cement. Lucy was not in a good mood.
Later that night Lucy was lying in her bed. ‘I hate it here so much; I wish I could just run away.’ That one thought gave Lucy a brainwave. She could run away and find her parents. You see Lucy’s mum owned a fruit shop and her dad was a carpenter. Lucy had to look after herself because her parents were never at home, so they decided to give her to the orphanage. They were not happy with their decision but it had to be done. From her orphanage the king adopted her and made her be a slave.
So that night she got her stuff and climbed out the window. Now she was free to do whatever she wanted. Although she didn’t know what she wanted to do yet.
The streets were empty, apart from the odd stray dog and rubbish collectors. She had no clue where she was, she was really hungry, but all of the shops were closed. So she moved on ahead. She saw scraps of food on the side of the street she was tempted to eat them but she didn’t so she just kept moving.
At the castle the king was very puzzled where his servant had gone, so he sent people and searched the castle. They didn’t find her and that made the king angry. “Alright everyone I want all of you to search for this girl and bring her back to me so I can punish her.”King Gridley said in a voice which intimidated the workers. So the workers got torches, nets, rope and lots of other things to get Lucy back. Little did Lucy know, this would be a big adventure.
Would the king find her? Would Lucy find her parents? Find out in the next part of Lucy’s Life.
By Jordan Hay


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!