If I Could Fly

“I want to fly” I said angrily when I was eating dinner. I’ve wanted to fly since I knew the word fly.”No need to,” dad, mum and my sister Erin shouted. They always say that. Just when I finished dinner I had a plan, so I hurried to my dad’s garage.
The next day when I was just about to go to school I put some white wings on and started to walk to school. “LOOK AT MY WINGS” I said happily when I entered the school. “I CAN FLY!” I yelled excitedly again. A few hours later we got to go outside to play. “Oops, someone help! I accidently climbed up a tree and now I can’t get back down” someone said sounding really scared. I was following the sound while running. Finally I got to the right tree. “HELP ME” he yelled. “DON’T WORRY, IM COMING” I shouted. I used my wings and flew up to the big tree.”Don’t worry, I’m on the tree now” I said as loud as I could as I tried to keep my balance. I slowly crawled to him and safely got him down. “Thank-you he said gladly.
The bell rang. I had to go back to class. After another two hours of boring work we finally got to go outside again. “Oh no!” someone said sadly. “My best tennis ball is on the roof and now I can’t get it down” she said as if she was crying. I flew up to the roof and tried to find the ball. I saw something yellow. When I saw the whole thing it was actually a soccer ball. I continued searching for it. “There it is!” I said out loud. I threw it down and flew back down. “THANKS, YOU’RE A HERO” she shouted.
The bell rang again. I went back to class. After another boring two hours, the last bell rang so we got to go back home. Feeling really tired I walked back home. The next day at school I didn’t use my wings. I didn’t use them because I got tired of flying. When I got back home my sister was there. “Where are your wings? I need them for my science project” she said as if she was a nerd. “What did you say?” “I said that I needed your wings for my science project” she said slowly. She always changes her mind. “So NOW you want it” I said annoyed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!