The Sadist

The Sadist


The sharp pain in my head was unbearable, the throbbing was continuous and worst of all the shaking would not stop. I stood there scared, my hands were cold, and the blood was starting to dry in a crisp manner all over my hands. The wind blowing from the western end of the ally was sharp and brisk. I tried to take a pace to move off, but the guilt in my bones overpowered any sense of movement. I bent down and took one last look at the old homeless man’s body and then placed a maple leaf on his chest. With that I slipped on my crocheted gloves and was off, the knife still in my back pocket.


I arrived home fifteen minutes later. My simple little home once felt like a lot to me, but after tonight, nothing felt worth living for. I sat down in my small little vinyl chair, still shaking profusely. My eyes started to flicker, it was then that I knew, I had problems, I could feel it deep down. So why was it that I had a burning desire to go out and do it all again. Was it because I am referred to as a westie, was it because I had nothing to live for, or was it because I really enjoyed what I had just done. Firstly I had to wash. I made my way to the bathroom, my bones quivering uncontrollably. I started to wash the blood off my hands, scrubbing and scrubbing, but from the little light I had in my once humble abode I could still see traces of blood. Could this be because I use cheap soaps or is it because I am a cold blooded sadist?


That was it, I had to go and harm someone. I was itching with rage, I was scared and I was confused. So with that I left my house in anger, slamming the door behind me. I looked left and right and what I saw gave me a buzz, a young child standing on the corner alone. I moved towards her being careful not to grab too much attention. Before I knew it I was standing upright, with my shadow lurching over her small innocent body. I stood there for a few seconds, in the dead of night before I made my move. I raised my hand to smack the girl, but before I knew it I heard the words “Police, don’t move.” It was then when I looked up to the stars that I knew what I had done was wrong.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!