Jake's Disaster Holiday

Some time ago in a small village there lived a boy called Jake. He had shiny brown hair and which were blue and sparkled like crystals. He had a button nose freckles which surrounded it. Jake had a wide smile that matched his cheeky personality. Tomorrow Jake and his family were going on a holiday! They packed loads of things (mostly the stuff they needed). It was 6.00 o’clock when Jake's alarm rang. Jake jumped out of bed and ran into his mum's and dad's room. “Wake up” Jake screamed. “Were up were up.” But his father's attitude changed when he noticed the time! “GET IN THE CAR!” He yelled so loudly the whole house shook. Everyone grabbed their suitcases and leapt into the car. Soon they were off! It felt fabulous to be on the way! At last they arrived at the beach. Everybody chucked on their clothes, grabbed their suit cases and rushed down the sandy steps that led you to the beach. Just as they walked onto the pier a gigantic ship pulled up! People piled on. 1 minute later the boat took off at a fast speed for such a big ship! Before they knew it they were far out in the deep blue sea! The sky was all of a sudden darkened and rainclouds started to form! Suddenly the boat started to rock side to side! Everyone clutched their beds! The staff came rushing in, she told Jake to get off the boat. Jake and his family jumped into the boat! Just as Jake put his last foot into the boat people screamed:”SHARK! SHARK!” The shark reered up and bared its sharp white teeth! But Jake swung his oar around his shoulder and waked the shark square across the face! Jake had hit it so hard, the oar snapped in half and pierced the shark in the eye! Jake was soooo relieved. Everyone worked very hard to get back to shore. At last they noticed the glistening sand! The boats came in one by one. As Jake looked back he could see the top of the ship about to sink! His family wandered home with people congratulating Jake! The next day as Jake ran down the stairs his father was sitting at the table with his coffee in one hand and newspaper in the other. The headline read: “Jake The Champion!” His father read it out and after he said “I'm so proud to be your father, I think I might take you on a holiday!” “No thanks Dad, I think I might give it a miss this time Dad! One holiday with a disaster is enough for this year!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!